We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

It's a go to Moosehead Cottage Resort!

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Allentown, PA
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
It's a go to Moosehead Cottage Resort!

Well my wife found it, my supervisor approved the time, I now anticipate it - a week stay from July 28 to August 4th @ Moosehead Cottage Resort.

The family; a young 50 yr. old dad, the wife (are you kidding?), and our daughters 14 & 11, will be visiting from Allentown, Pennsylvania.

Any recommendations &/or reviews of the Moosehead Cottage Resorts, the area around this resort (Greenville, Maine) for activities, and/or what a family of 3 females & 1 male should bring, would be sincerely appreciated.

Only got about one month to plan & pack & drive to our destination.

I loved the idea of staying in a log cabin (fantasy when I retired). I remember as a NY youth, going to Bunker Hill, Maine & going blueberry picking and fishing at 11 - 12 yrs. of age.

Now as a Clinical Social Worker, who serves those challenged with psychiatric symptoms, the time away is precious.

Others experiences & suggestions are coveted. Your feedback & ideas could prove value packed!

Car traveling directions have been secured thru MapQuest. My wife hopes to stop at a midpoint on the Friday, 27th as her birthday is the 28th and she doesn't wish to be driving all day when she turns (not on your life! rather mine!).

"TripAdvisor has been berry, berry good to me." Please feel encouraged to give your input which is much appreciated....

PAroundhead@aol.com

Wabash, Indiana
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: It's a go to Moosehead Cottage Resort!

I'm not a local, I'm another traveler planning to spend a little time in the Greenville, Maine, area in July.

If you look in the Greenville forum on here you will find some previously posted info that addresses some of your questions.

The other thing I suggest is to look at this website I found for the Moosehead Lake area. It is:

http://www.mooseheadlake.org/

There is a lot of information there, but you have to keep looking and clicking to find some of it.

For example, from their home page, click on "Outdoor Recreation" along the left side, then click on "Complete List of All Activities and Outdoor Recreation," then see what you are interested in. For example, click on "Hiking" and look for "Click here for a printable list of area hikes (pdf file)." That will take you to a list of area hikes that gives descriptions, the length of the hikes, etc., and rates them as easy, moderate, or challenging.

Click on "Moose Watching" for some local moose "hangouts."

Click on "Scenic Drives" for a description of six drives in the area.

Some other things shown are biking, boating, scenic floatplane tours, steamship cruise, etc. Look around the site to see what interests you.

Again, I don't have any insider info or reviews, this is just something I found helpful, and maybe it will get you started until some of the locals reply.

Allentown, PA
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: It's a go to Moosehead Cottage Resort!

Thank you Someone123. Will do. Your help & suggestions are appreciated & I trust your travel will be safe & enjoyable. Dapanod

3. Re: It's a go to Moosehead Cottage Resort!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 15:20
Get answers to your questions about Bar Harbor