We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay if I have kids?

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
1 post
Save Topic
Where to stay if I have kids?

I am not sure which hotel to pick. Any good ideas? I want a clean and nice place to stay with kids. Something that is not a motel 6 type place.

EL6
Bucks County, PA
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay if I have kids?

We stayed at the Bar Harbor Motel last August based on the recommendations here. We stayed in a family suite which had 2 bedrooms (one with king-size bed and the other with 2 doubles). By the time we got there, I needed to do laundry and their facilities were clean and efficient. As an added bonus, the Island Explorer also stops at the property.

Winter Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
56 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay if I have kids?

Have you ever considered renting a house or apartment directly from the owner? There are many sites where you can view such rentals and they are a bargain for families, spacious, with a kitchen and often laundry facilities.

If you google "vacational rental Acadia," "vacational rental Bar Harbor," "vacation rental Mt. Desert Island" you will find many sites listing such properties.

Georgia
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay if I have kids?

I second the vote for the Bar Harbor Motel. We stayed for a week in July and loved it. Nice staff, very clean, rooms set up for families, free coffee and board games you can borrow in the lobby. Lots of kids to play with at the pool. Will stay here again.

4. Re: Where to stay if I have kids?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Bar Harbor