We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekly cottage rental in Bar Harbor/Acadia

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weekly cottage rental in Bar Harbor/Acadia

Hello -

My husband and I would like to book a home for a week in the Acadia Park area. We are from TX and have never been to Maine. We have been looking at cottages and homes on line, but are afraid to book something, then get there to discover it was not what we thought. There will be a group of four adults, no children. Does anyone have advice to share about booking a home for a week? Thanks so much

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,893 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekly cottage rental in Bar Harbor/Acadia

There have been several threads on this forum this summer that you might want to scan for ideas.

Two resources come immediately to mind:

www.acadiamagic.com

www.vrbo.com

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekly cottage rental in Bar Harbor/Acadia

Aloha,

Me and My husband have rented a home in the area for two weeks in October we found the place on vacationrentals.com or look on cyberrental.com it was a bit pricey but It looks amazing and it is on Frenchmans Bay. I can let you know how it is after if you like. There are alot of reviews that you can read about these homes too. Hope this helps adn have fun planning!!!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,587 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekly cottage rental in Bar Harbor/Acadia

If you would post the urls of the three or four houses that appeal to you most, those of us who live here could give you some feedback on how the location is or anything else we might know about them.

Wolcott, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
952 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekly cottage rental in Bar Harbor/Acadia

LS Robinson Real Estate has tons and tons of rentals. We used them this summer to find a place and were exceptionally happy with what we got. They usually have lots of pictures and when you call them they are really know about the property they are renting. I would try them.

Mount Desert, Maine
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekly cottage rental in Bar Harbor/Acadia

Also check out the Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce website which has rental information.

http://www.barharborinfo.com/

Click on Lodging on the left, then cotttages.

6. Re: Weekly cottage rental in Bar Harbor/Acadia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 03:16
Get answers to your questions about Bar Harbor