We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pre -nuptual plans

Califon, New Jersey
Level Contributor
8 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
pre -nuptual plans

Wedding scheduled for Labor Day Sunday - any suggestions for a "rehersal type" party the night before for traveling guests - about 100.

Topsham, Maine
Level Contributor
62 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pre -nuptual plans

This isn't Bar Harbor-specific, but my wife and I got married three years ago over Labor Day down in York/Ogunquit and we chartered a boat as part of our rehearsal dinner. It was about an hour or so tour around the area which was great for people who came from the Midwest and other areas of the country and never really get to see the ocean. It actually wasn't all that expensive either.

Just an idea although I don't have any recommendations for charter companies or anything like that up there, although I'm sure someone else could help with that.

Califon, New Jersey
Level Contributor
8 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pre -nuptual plans

Thank you so much - great suggestion, unfortunately, that was what we first planned and did not get our reservation made fast enough - now looking at a Lobster Bake (on land).

Brunswick, Maine
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pre -nuptual plans

Anyone who hosts weddings of 100 could take your party if they don't have a wedding going Saturday night. I love the Asticou with the deck on the back looking out over Northeast Harbor.

The Islesford Dock Restaurant on Little Cranberry Island could take a private party of that size and Beal & Bunker could arrange the special ferry runs to get folks out there.

Abels Lobster Pound might be big enough. Worth checking.

I've seen private parties pitch tents on the grounds of the Sea Coast Mission. Terrific view.

You could rent the Margaret Todd for a sunset cruise, but I don't know if they allow you to bring a meal aboard.

The Quarterdeck Restaurant has a private function room. I00 might be tight.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,456 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pre -nuptual plans

There is a place right at Hull's Cove that does private lobster bakes - I think they are called Bar Harbor Lobster Bakes.

midcoast maine
Level Contributor
16 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pre -nuptual plans

You might try McKay's Public House in Bar Harbor for a gathering. They did one for me for quite a large crowd-probably about 100 were there, and the appetizer's were wonderful.

6. Re: pre -nuptual plans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 10:22