We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Anchorage Motel or the Villager

Tupelo, Mississippi
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Anchorage Motel or the Villager

Is the Anchorage Motel a good place to stay? The locations appears to be good. I need just the basic room, but I do want it to be clean and well-kept. Would the Villager be better? It appears to have a good location also.

Baltimore
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: The Anchorage Motel or the Villager

I stayed at the Anchorage last year. Its definitely no frills and a little dated, but was pretty clean and the location and price can't be beat. you can walk to Main St., its only a few blocks away. The people working there were also very nice.

I also recommend the Edgewater Motel and Cottages. Also, no frills, but right on the water. You'd have to drive to Main Street though.

Tupelo, Mississippi
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: The Anchorage Motel or the Villager

I stayed at the Anchorage in room 223. It's definitely no frills (bring your own shampoo), but our room was very clean and adequate. We could walk to town, and the price was excellent for Bar Harbor. The Anchorage served our needs well, considering that we were in the room only for showering and sleeping.

springfield, ma
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The Anchorage Motel or the Villager

did you stay at the Anchorage? What were your thoughts

Tupelo, Mississippi
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: The Anchorage Motel or the Villager

I stayed at the Anchorage in July 2005. The location is good-just several blocks from Main Street and the Village Green. The grounds are clean and well-kept. Some guests were sitting in chairs on the grass under the trees, and they were very friendly. There was coffee in the lobby in the morning.

Our room on the second floor appeared to be newly painted and floored and was very clean. The room was basic but of good size and quite adequate. For the price, we were quite pleased.