We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need really nice place

Maine
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need really nice place

My husband and I spent our honeymoon going up the coast of Maine fron Camden to Bar Harbor. We had no money. Even camped on an ant hill in Bar Harbor.

It has been 28 years and we have money. We want to redo the trip but in much classier places. LOL

We are set for Camden but now I am looking for a really neat place in the Bar Harbor area. We really like cabins or cottages, but also suites. A jucuzzi and our own balcony would always be a plus. (We are going in early Sept.)

I am losing my mind trying to figure this out on the net - any ideas? Thank you!

Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
158 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need really nice place

You might check with the Saltair B&B. They are in town Bar Harbor, on the water, have suites and balconies are

definetly up-scale. Check out their reviews on TripAdvisor....you coule also check with the Inn at Bay Ledge-great setting, beautiful rooms and cottages, also very upscale. Have fun and enjoy the second time around.Come back for more.

Wolcott, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
952 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need really nice place

My husband and I also honeymooned in Maine; combined cheap hotels and campgrounds and loved it. For our 25th last year we stayed at the Bar Harbor Inn. Got a harbor side king with a fireplace, jacuzzi and a balcony. Felt like we had died and gone to Maine Heaven! They have lots of room options...Upstairs/downstairs suite types of rooms are beautiful. That would be my recommendation.

Maine
Level Contributor
830 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need really nice place

Two different experiences, hotel & B&B, both with luxurious options: Harborside Hotel and Balance Rock Inn.

Ringoes, New Jersey
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need really nice place

Bar Harbor Inn has some nice rooms with jacuzzi right on the harbor.

5. Re: Need really nice place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Bar Harbor