We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants

I posted this in the Southwest Harbor forum before realizing I should post it here. I am traveling to Bar Harbor in June with husband and 4 adult children. We are staying near Southwest Harbor.

Can anyone recommend restaurants? We love all types of foods. I would appreciate any recommendations for good, fun places. Since we will be 6, I was hoping for some moderate priced places; maybe one or two special places. Anything only locals know about?

Thanks for your help,

Poppyny

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,860 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

One of our visitors--Vatripster--last summer put together a substantial list of restaurants that they tried:

http://tinyurl.com/6469oy

If you search on Vatripster in this forum, you will see what others said as well.

There aren't any places that "only locals" know about. Our two favorites for dinner are Town Hill Bistro in Town Hill and Red Sky in Southwest Harbor. We also are partial to Geddy's in Bar Harbor for burgers (they also do very good pizzas).

Ls Bella Vita has great salads and a killer Sicilian pizza---part of a diverse menu.

See also the lists that people have contributed under Restaurants (left side of this page).

Paflyfisher, who well may answer you shortly, likes Jeannie's for breakfast and among other places, Cafe This Way for dinner.

Poor Boy's Gourmet has a diverse seafood menu, including lobster done several different ways, and great cheesecake.

Finally, check out:

http://www.ouracadia.com

a web page maintained by a frequent visitor to the island.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,860 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

That should be "La Bella Vita"

Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
158 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

cwvoight is right on with his suggestions... we love the Town Hill Bistro and Cafe This Way...there is another good Italian place in Southwest Harbor called La Bella Vista (not to confuse you with the one here in Bar Harbor) and we also have a decent Thai food restaurant in Bar Harbor. Lots of good choices, so little time! Enjoy!

new york
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

Thanks for your recommendations. I will check out all your referrals.

Wolcott, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
905 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

For fun in Bar Harbor...Geddy's. The food is good (especially the pizza) and the atmosphere light and casual. In Southwest Harbor we like Eat-A-Pita for lunch. Great selection of Pitas and dressings. Turns into Cafe 2 at nite. We've had amazing dinners and deserts there. Plus if it's warm they have outside seating and an outside bar. It's right in Southwest Harbor on the main road.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
5,758 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

Hey, innstitches. Isn't the SWH restaurant called Bella Mare? In any case, I see it's on the market. Of course, that doesn't mean that it won't be open this summer.

7. Re: Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Bar Harbor