We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Lobster Claw

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
The Lobster Claw

Is the Lobster Claw going to be open this spring? I just read some upsetting news on this site that they may now renew their lease.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,875 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Lobster Claw

Right now, I don't know. That entire block on West Street, across from the waterfront, i.e., from Main St where the Quarterdeck now is to Rodick St., is slated for demolition after this coming season to make way for a hotel and shops project.

Right now, about all we know is that the whaling museum will be back this year. Presumably, the others (Lobster Claw, Lulu Lobster Boat) will be back as well, but so far, I haven't seen anything one way or the other.

Stay tuned...

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Lobster Claw

I noticed the other day that the Quarterdeck Restaurant looked like they were getting prepared to open for the season, so that makes me hopeful that the rest of the places on that strip will be able to operate as well.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Lobster Claw

OK thanks. I have been coming to Bar Harbor for several years and I love the Lobster Claw. I am going to hope it opens this summer!

Wolcott, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
921 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Lobster Claw

We love the Lobster Claw as does everybody we have brought there. When we come to Maine with either family or friends one of the first things they want to do is go to the Lobster Claw. He certainly has a following so we're hoping he opens someplace!

5. Re: The Lobster Claw

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Bar Harbor