We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-Victorian hotels or b&b's

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Non-Victorian hotels or b&b's

The decor of most of the B&B's and hotels that I have seen online is making me want to throw up. NO FLORAL WALLPAPER AND DOILIES HANGING FROM THE BED CANOPY PLEASE - YUCK! Anyone know a boutique hotel or B&B that has at least somewhat of a modern feel to it?

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,875 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non-Victorian hotels or b&b's

Given the way you choose to express yourself, perhaps Las Vegas or Myrtle Beach would be more to your liking.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non-Victorian hotels or b&b's

Check out the website sleepbarharbor.com and look at the different inns to find one that suites your tastes. Some examples of more traditional decor and less victorian flowers include Canterbury Cottage, Holland Inn, Moseley Cottage, Bass Cottage and Saltair Inn. I'm sure there are others. Some of the houses are of the Victorian era but the insides are not decorated in a true victorian style.

Thornton, New...
Level Contributor
964 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Non-Victorian hotels or b&b's

Janda,

Welcome,I see that this is your first post on TA.

You will find that destination experts and other members that have visited these destinations will be very willing to help you.

But, that being said, they might hesitate to do so considering your screaming judgment of what some of us love about the area as "YUCK". (You do realize that capital letters means yelling?)

Are you sure Bar Harbor is the place for you? Most New England B&Bs pride themselves on their "charm". Boutique hotels are not commonplace.

Perhaps if you could define your idea of "modern feel" you might find some help.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
12 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Non-Victorian hotels or b&b's

janda, I don't have your answer but I do hear ya.

5. Re: Non-Victorian hotels or b&b's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2009, 06:45
Get answers to your questions about Bar Harbor