We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jasper Beach

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
95 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Jasper Beach

Hi,Coming from New Brunswick to Bar Harbor to PA heard about Jasper beach. Is it near Bar Harbor? Are the stones really Jasper? Does anyone have directions from Bar Harbor? Thanks so much.

Maine
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Jasper Beach

The only Jasper beach in Maine I am aware of is in Machias and while there are cool, smoothed stones, I do not believe they are Jasper.

Google maps/map quest, etc. can help with directions. If you're coming south on Route 1 from NB you could stop in Machias on your way to Bar Harbor. Just guessing, Machias is probably a couple hours away from Bar Harbor.

There is a similar, stone beach in Acadia National Park. I think that one is called Hunters Beach.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
359 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jasper Beach

This sounded interesting so I "Googled" and found this site.

maine.gov/doc/…jun00.htm

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,853 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jasper Beach

There are two such beaches in ANP: Hunters Beach and Little Hunters Beach. Neither, as far as I know, is a source for jasper. At both, the park frowns on the removal of rocks.

Cincinnati, Oh
Level Contributor
447 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jasper Beach

As you are coming through Machias you will approach a fork in the road (rt.1) and start over a bridge with a small waterfall, at the other end of the bridge turn left, there should be a large sign stating Jasper Beach. It isn't the easiest to find, it is very close to the old barracks that I think they used for the prison guards years ago.

A nice beach that you can swim in is in Rogue Bluffs. After going through Machias, up aways is an IGA, Hannaford or some grocery on the right, take the next left and you should wind up going to Rogue Bluffs Park.

While your in the area and if your hungry, stop at The White House on the left ,very local place with good basic food. Don't Forget about Schoodic Point!!!!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
95 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jasper Beach

thanks all for the great info...appreciate your help

6. Re: Jasper Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2009, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Bar Harbor