We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic anniversary dinner in Bar Harbor?

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oakton, Virginia
Level Contributor
47 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic anniversary dinner in Bar Harbor?

Hi!

I would really appreciate recommendations for a romantic restaurant to go to for dinner on our wedding anniversary! We are both vegetarians (no meat or fish)!! Is there any place with decent vegetarian options?

We will be in Bar Harbor next week for three days. So, any recomendations for other meals would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

Scranton PA
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic anniversary dinner in Bar Harbor?

Cafe This Way has some vegitarian offerings and has a quaint and warm atmosphere, Galyns is nice but there are only a few veg options, Havanna is one of my favorites...all homegrown produce and local ingrediants. Check out this site, it has links to most of the resaurants and their menus:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&safe=active&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=bar+harbor+restaurants&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&ei=UC5SSonwJ8qLtgeBlZ2wBw&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&cd=1&resnum=1

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic anniversary dinner in Bar Harbor?

Most of what might be considered romantic, special occasion restaurants have limited vegetarian offerings. One that you might consider is The Looking Glass:

http://www.barharborhotel.com/menu_dinner.pdf

It is a newly-opened restaurant in one of the most scenic settings---atop a high ridge overlooking the bay. We haven't tried it yet but the chef is well regarding and the word-of-mouth reviews have been good.

Kittery, Maine
Level Contributor
862 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic anniversary dinner in Bar Harbor?

Bar Harbor locals - is the Jordan Pond House in the park still as elegant and delightful as it used to be? Havent been there in a number of years but was always a special place and those popovers were delicious! Afternoon teas in the garden were very popular. If it's what it used to be - what a special spot for a leisurely anniversary meal on a beautiful summer day.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic anniversary dinner in Bar Harbor?

The Burning Tree may have some nice vegetarian dinners. They do serve fish but no red meat. THe Burning Tree is located in Otter Creek, about three miles outside of the village of Bar Harbor.

Most of the restaurants in town offer a vegetarian meal. The Town Hill Bistro (a short drive outside of town - six miles or so) always has a vegetarian dish on the menu.

farmington Hills MI
Level Contributor
686 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic anniversary dinner in Bar Harbor?

We had a lovely dinner at Michelle's inside the Ivy Inn. I had their vegetarian soup which was delicious. They also have a vegetarian dish (though I ordered fish this time) and I think would be a romantic place for a wedding anniversary.

Also ate at Havana while we were there and really enjoyed it as well. They also have vegetarian options.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic anniversary dinner in Bar Harbor?

RE: The Jordan Pond House--

Yes, it still is there, still has the dining room (probably with about the same menu you remember) and tea, popovers, and other fare on the lawn during the day. The popovers continue to be excellent.

About the only change that you would note is that the drive and entryway have been changed this past year to accommodate the Island Explorer shuttle bus traffic---it is much improved and more esthetic.

Oakton, Virginia
Level Contributor
47 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic anniversary dinner in Bar Harbor?

Thank you all for your inputs. I will check all these places out. Since we are there for three days, I can try all these for different meals :-)

Lehigh Valley, PA
Level Contributor
911 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic anniversary dinner in Bar Harbor?

You might want to check out my vegetarian review from last year here at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60709-i381-k20818…

Alas, Eden did not re-open this year. And when we visited Cafe This Way back in June, Bibimbap was no longer on the menu.

cherry hill, nj
Level Contributor
85 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic anniversary dinner in Bar Harbor?

The Burning Tree is your best bet if you can get in. They have mostly fish, but do serve a variety of fresh vegetable dishes. It is also a great place to go to for any romantic celebration.

Wishing you a Happy Anniversary and a most enjoyable stay in Bar Harbor.

Oakton, Virginia
Level Contributor
47 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic anniversary dinner in Bar Harbor?

We ended up going to Jordon Pond House and The Burning tree! Both were great! The food at The Burning Tree was awesome! Thank you so much for your recommendations!