We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Explorer and Park Fees

Southern Illinois
Level Contributor
67 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Island Explorer and Park Fees

My daughter and I are arriving in Bar Harbor a week from Friday (first time visitors, REALLY looking forward to it). We are not renting a car; we're planning to use the Island Explorer. I know that we need to pay park entrance fees; and I have no problem with that. Anyway, my question, how does that work with the Explorer? Do we buy one park pass each, and just bring it with us on the Explorer?? I know, stupid question... thanks!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,196 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Explorer and Park Fees

Not such a stupid question, actually. It is sort of confusing. You can easily ask once you are here. There is a small brick building manned by a Park Ranger on the Village Green in Bar Harbor, near where all the buses change routes. I think you will each have to buy a $10 pass, which will be good for the week. You will very likely never be asked to show the pass. But you do need to have it and we do appreciate the support of the National Park!

Southern Illinois
Level Contributor
67 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Explorer and Park Fees

Thanks so much. If the park is half as beautiful as the photos I've seen, a $10 fee per person is a bargain.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Explorer and Park Fees

Trust me, it will be more beautiful!

4. Re: Island Explorer and Park Fees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2010, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Bar Harbor