We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More Acadia/Bar Harbor Photos

Lehigh Valley, PA
Level Contributor
966 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
More Acadia/Bar Harbor Photos

A little while back, I posted a link to my blog so folks could see a couple photos from Acadia. Since then, I have launched a website where I have gathered about 10 or 12 Acadia photos that I think capture the beauty of this place and placed them in one easy-to-peruse gallery. In addition, it is also much easier to located the photos on the website than on the old blog.

I noticed today that folks are still following the old blog link to find the pictures. So, if you are interested, here is the new link.

itsmynaturephotography.com/galleries/…

Hope you enjoy the images.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More Acadia/Bar Harbor Photos

Your pictures are really beautiful. Sorry I didn't get the chance to meet you when you were in town this summer. The day you stopped by was the one day all summer I was sick in bed! Maybe next year...

Lehigh Valley, PA
Level Contributor
966 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More Acadia/Bar Harbor Photos

Yes, we were sorry we missed you as well. Glad to hear that you like the photos.

Next year it looks like we will revert back to the Fall visits. From 1999 through 2007, we always made the trip in September. The last two years it was June mainly so we could do Machias Seal Island trips to photograph the Puffins, Razorbills and Murres.

I am thinking October next year so we can catch some Fall foliage. The big question is whether I can talk my wife into a short trip up in June for the Art Show weekend (maybe a Thursday thru Monday). I am hoping to do either that show or more likely the one in September in 2011. It is one of my photography goals.

Hope the season is going well for you.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,592 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More Acadia/Bar Harbor Photos

The pictures are spectacular. Can you tell me where you took #1 (top left) from?

Lehigh Valley, PA
Level Contributor
966 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: More Acadia/Bar Harbor Photos

You wrote: "The pictures are spectacular. Can you tell me where you took #1 (top left) from?"

First of all, thanks. Glad you like the pics.

The first image (the view of the village of Bar Harbor w/ the mountains of Acadia in the background) was taken from the overlook on Bar Island.

Don't know how familiar you are with the area. Bar Island is roughly 1/2 mile out in Frenchman's Bay. Bar Island and Bar Harbor are connected by a sand bar that is exposed from approximately 90 minutes before low tide to 90 minutes after low tide. During that time frame you can walk across the bar to the island. There is a trail on the island that takes you to to the top and the overlook. That's where I took the photo.

I will say that getting to the spot is the easy part. Getting the image exactly the way you want it is another story!

NJ
Level Contributor
56 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More Acadia/Bar Harbor Photos

Your pictures are absolutely wonderful. They almost don't seem real they are so beautiful. But I know they are because I have seen those same views through out the years. My first trip was during my honeymoon 23 years ago and I try to go back each year. It is my favorite place to go. Thank you for sharing.

Lehigh Valley, PA
Level Contributor
966 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: More Acadia/Bar Harbor Photos

Thanks for taking a look, mainebabe. And I am glad to hear that you like the photos. It's always good to hear that others appreciate your work.

I had a couple of requests to identify specific photo locations. Since I just have them identified as Acadia 001 through whatever right now, I thought I would go through the list especially since I have recently added several more photos to the gallery.

So (left to right; top to bottom) here goes...

1) The village of Bar Harbor taken from Bar Island

2) The view from Otter Cliffs looking toward Sand Beach

3) Otter Cliffs at sunrise on an overcast morning taken from the Cobble Beach

4) Little Hunter Beach

5) View from atop Cadillac Mountain (Bar Harbor, Bar Island, the Porcupines and Schoodic in the background)

6) View from Compass Harbor (Breakwater, Porcupines)

7) Otter Cove

8) Seawall

9) Bass Harbor Light

10) Main Street, Bar Harbor (Geddy's) at sunrise

11) The footbridge at Somesville

12) The Margaret Todd in Frenchman's Bay

Images 13 through 16 were made using an infrared camera.

13) Tidal ponds behind Sand Beach

14) The Bubbles across Jordan Pond

15) Bass Harbor Light (again)

16) Lobster boats in the harbor

Hopefully that clears things up for my Trip Advisors friends. Feel free to comment or ask questions. I love talking about my most favorite place in the U.S.

Lehigh Valley, PA
Level Contributor
966 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: More Acadia/Bar Harbor Photos

Just checked some stats and I see that I have had over 150 visits to my Bar Harbor/Acadia photo gallery from Trip Advisor alone since posting this link. Not bad at all. Thank you all for visiting.

seattle
Level Contributor
407 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: More Acadia/Bar Harbor Photos

Spectacular- I wish I could take pictures like this. Great job!!!!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: More Acadia/Bar Harbor Photos

I too agree they are great and also love the first photo of BH Village

North of Boston, MA...
Level Contributor
378 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: More Acadia/Bar Harbor Photos

Ed, your pictures are just stunning! Thank you for the link to your gallery. I am going to Acadia for a few days next week. I am so inspired by your images that I wrote down the list you provided of your pictures so I can go to some of those places. As an 'advanced amateur' photographer, I am always looking for photographic inspiration. I know I cannot -- nor should I, or would I -- replicate your photos, but they inspire me to do my best to make my own interpretation of those wonderful locations. You're truly an artist!