We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will lobster pounds be closed by 20th October ?

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Antibes, France
Level Contributor
236 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Will lobster pounds be closed by 20th October ?

Coming in by cruise ship on 20th Oct. and want to do a tour of Acadia on Oli's trolley and then go to a lobster pound, but have seen on the Stewmans website that they close by 12th.

Can someone tell me if that's about the same date for all? I like the look of Thurstons and Trentons also but how would we get to them without transport?

Is it possible one or two will be open just for the official cruise ship tours, and if so, maybe we should just book the cruise ship tour?

Englewood, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will lobster pounds be closed by 20th October ?

What is Lobster Pound?

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will lobster pounds be closed by 20th October ?

I wasn't aware that there were official cruise ship tours to the lobster pounds but if there is one, I guess I'd take the bus since it's your only way of getting there.

Thurston's will be closing on October 17th and Trenton Bridge closes on Columbus Day. There are some other lobster pounds but I'm guessing they'll be closed as well.

If you just want to eat lobster while you are here, there are several restaurants that are open for lunch that serve lobster - such as Galyn's and Geddy's. Both are located right down by the cruise ship tenders. There's also the West Street Cafe but I'm not sure how late they are going to be open in October. The Thirsty Whale pub and others on Cottage Street serve Lobster Rolls.

3. Re: Will lobster pounds be closed by 20th October ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2010, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Bar Harbor