We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June '06 lodging for family

Edgewater, Florida
2 posts
Save Topic
June '06 lodging for family

I'm looking for a cottage or home within about 2 miles of Bar Harbor (a short family bike ride or so away, anyway), waterfront or waterview, for a family of 4. Any ideas?

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June '06 lodging for family

Some recommendations along this line are in the responses to jrsuellen's 5 October post, "cottages in Bar Harbor," below. The "quiet side" cottages, however, aren't within biking distance for any but the very determined.

Also, see the Cottages listings in the Lodging section of:

<www.barharbormaine.com>

Bass Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: June '06 lodging for family

Hi. Try acadiainfo.com or VRBO.com. I'm also assuming that you want to be within a 2 mile radius of Bar Harbor *Village* which is an important distinction as Bar Harbor, like other towns on the Island, has several little villages - Salisbury Cove, Hulls Cove, etc - lovely but not close to downtown Bar Harbor Village. I would also ask about biking in that immediate area - the Carriage Roads (bikes, pedestrians and horses only) are perfect for family biking but the main roads can be more of a challenge - hilly, winding and not for the faint of heart. Blueberries will not be ripe in June and this year they were late - as were most things in the garden. However, Jordan's Restaurant in Bar Harbor will still have great blueberry pancakes. Have a nice vacation.

Cincinnati, Oh
Level Contributor
461 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June '06 lodging for family

You can also go to cyberrentals.com they have a large listing for Bar Harbor and surrounding areas. There is also A1vacations.com but their listings aren't as large. Hope this helps.