We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar Harbor to Kennebunkport

Edmonds WA
Level Contributor
50 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Bar Harbor to Kennebunkport

Does anyone knoe the REAL mileage between Kennebunkport and Bar Harbor. Checking various sources I have been told the following mileage: 238/204/155/128. Hello? That's a huge difference. And yes I AM checking miles and not kilometers. Also, is there anything to do in Kennebunkport. If we have 4 days, should I do 2 + 2 or 3+1 or 4 in one place?

Thanks for help.

Mentioned in this post
Kennebunkport
Kennebunkport
Kennebunks, ME
Bar Harbor
Bar Harbor
Mount Desert Island, ME
Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar Harbor to Kennebunkport

One of the variables is the route you take---and many mileage charts do not specify the route that they measured. According to the mileage chart in the DeLorme Maine Atlas & Gazetteer (the bible for driving in Maine), Bar Harbor to Portland is 161 miles, add about 30 to K-port. Again, I'm not sure which of the several available routes DeLorme uses for their calculations.

Mentioned in this post
Maine
Maine
United States
Bar Harbor
Bar Harbor
Mount Desert Island, ME
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
33,445 posts
496 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar Harbor to Kennebunkport

If you come down Hwy 1 it is about 185 miles. We did that trip last fall from Bar Harbor to Kennebunkport. We toured the Penabscot Narrows Bridge in Bucksport, then Mt. Battie SP, Camden, Rockland, Portland Headlights near Portland, and Kennebunkport. Lots of great scenery and food along the way.

Mentioned in this post
Bar Harbor
Bar Harbor
Mount Desert Island, ME
Kennebunkport
Kennebunkport
Kennebunks, ME
Camden
Camden
Mid Coast Maine, ME
Rockland
Rockland
Mid Coast Maine, ME
Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
7,169 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar Harbor to Kennebunkport

Not all that much to do in Kennebunkport other than shop, eat, and drive around. I'd spend the bulk of your time near Acadia National Park.

Kennebunkport is mostly an area of summer homes for the wealthy. Acadia has lots of hiking, biking, boat tours, whale watch, kayaking.

Mentioned in this post
Kennebunkport
Kennebunkport
Kennebunks, ME
Acadia National Park
Acadia National Park
505 Reviews
Mount Desert Island, ME
Acadia National Park
Acadia National Park
Mount Desert Island, ME
Edmonds WA
Level Contributor
50 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar Harbor to Kennebunkport

Thank you all for good information. We're going in Sept. and looking forward to discovering the NE (seeing as we live in the PNW it will be a change).

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
4,110 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar Harbor to Kennebunkport

Kennebunkport has beaches, boating, kayaking, etc. Yes, you can shop eat and drive around, but plenty of people live in this area and they're not all wealthy!

Just down the road is the Ogunquit Playhouse if you'd like to see a play. Right in Kennebunk, just across the bridge from K'port is Federal Jack's - the birthplace of Shipyard beers and ales. There's plenty of striper fishing in the area, if you like to fish. There's also golfing if you're into that.

So - there's plenty to do in the K'port area. Acadia National Park is also nice. It all depends on what you want to do and see.

Mentioned in this post
Kennebunkport
Kennebunkport
Kennebunks, ME
Ogunquit Playhouse
Ogunquit Playhouse
904 Reviews
Ogunquit, ME
Kennebunk
Kennebunk
Kennebunks, ME
Acadia National Park
Acadia National Park
505 Reviews
Mount Desert Island, ME
6. Re: Bar Harbor to Kennebunkport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2011, 07:16