We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boston to Bar Harbor

Florida
Level Contributor
924 posts
222 reviews
Save Topic
Boston to Bar Harbor

We are traveling the first week of Aug from Boston up the coast of Maine. Staying one night in Boothbay Harbor then 3 nights in Bar Harbor. Would love info on things to do..plan on doing some sort of windjammer day cruise and kayaking in Arcadia. Suggestions are greatly appreciated. TY.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,887 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boston to Bar Harbor

The information that I just provided here may be of help:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60709-i381-k37695…

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boston to Bar Harbor

Even though you'll already have had a number of hours in the car getting up here from Boston, once you get to Boothbay Harbor, I'd take the short ride out Route 96 toward East Boothbay, and keep going until you literally get to the end of the road at Ocean Point. Some great ocean views and if you happen to get there at the right time in the evening the sunset over the water can be fantastic!

3. Re: Boston to Bar Harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2011, 07:16