We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good deals?

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Onaping, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Any good deals?

My family and I are traveling to the east coast (Bar Harbor Maine, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and P.E.I) this summer. As i was looking on the Nova Scotia forum someone mentioned a few coupon sites such as Wagjag.com, groupon.ca, teambuy.ca and travelzoo.com.I looked on these sites and got a few good deals like getting 75% off deep sea fishing, 60% off a hotel and 50% off breakfast. Anyways we have allowed ourselves so much money for this trip, but the cheaper we can do an activity or eat out the more and possibly better quality we can afford. So what i am asking is do you know of any coupon sites for deals in the Bar Harbor area?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good deals?

Unfortunately coupons are few and far between in July and August, it's high tourist season. You'll be lucky to even find a hotel with availability , much less find a 60% off coupon for one.

Roomsaver.com has motel coupons, but most are "based on availability" or "not valid June 15 through September 15th".

Edited: 25 May 2011, 23:37
Onaping, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good deals?

Thank-you Joesorce, We are actually camping in Bar Harbor, I was looking for coupons on activites and restuarnts. However i think you may be right because i can't find anything on Bar Harbor.

I really want to take my boys (aged 2 & 4) to Diver Ed's Dive-in Theater. Should i book soon or do you book a week or 2 inadvance? We will be there mid August.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,845 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good deals?

RE: Diver Ed's

Two weeks ought to be sufficient, although you might want to contact them through their web page to be sure.

Bass Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any good deals?

The site http://www.acadiachamber.com has daily specials from local merchants, restaurants, and tour operators. The specials just show up during the day they are valid, so you can't predict what the offers will be when you are here. (If you have a smartphone, there is a qr code you can use to pick up the specials as well.)

5. Re: Any good deals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2012, 05:28
Get answers to your questions about Bar Harbor