We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2teens 2 nights pool suggestions? First trip to Bar Harbor.

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
2teens 2 nights pool suggestions? First trip to Bar Harbor.

Room for 2 nights stop amidst college tour trip. would like a nice pool, clean (no bed bugs), Not too far from downtown if possible. August. 13 or so - Ideas?

iowa
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 2teens 2 nights pool suggestions? First trip to Bar Harbor.

Acadia Inn. We've stayed there 2 years in a row when visiting Bar Harbor with our 8 and 15 year old. Has outdoor pool and whirlpool. Free breakfast in morning and close to downtown.

AZ4
Phoenix
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 2teens 2 nights pool suggestions? First trip to Bar Harbor.

My family just stayed at the Bar Harbor Motel. The price was great and the room was extraordinarily clean. This is an older motel, but it was ideally located and the rooms were large and comfortable. They do have a pool, which we did not use, but it looked nice.

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2teens 2 nights pool suggestions? First trip to Bar Harbor.

I would also recommend the Bar Harbor Motel, in particular the 2 room family suite. There is a king bed and a separate bedroom with 2 double beds. Awesome location and clean, clean, clean. Very nice pool as well. We were there from July 29th to August 2nd.

PA
Level Contributor
827 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2teens 2 nights pool suggestions? First trip to Bar Harbor.

We stayed at Bar Harbor Motel two different years and had good luck both times. We would stay again. We rented the two room suite last time and that was great with an eighteen year old along.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
10 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2teens 2 nights pool suggestions? First trip to Bar Harbor.

Hi - I don't mean to hijack your topic, but my family and I are staying at the Bar Harbor Motel this weekend, and I'm wondering what is within walking distance from the motel? I see that the town isn't far at all, but it would be nice to not have to deal with car/parking. Also planning on bringing bikes, but little ones (5 & 9) may not make it far on the bikes (plus have the same problem with where to park bikes?).

Is Eden street safe enough to walk? It's only a mile to town, so I don't mind walking, but it looks like it might be a busy road.

Lehigh Valley, PA
Level Contributor
920 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2teens 2 nights pool suggestions? First trip to Bar Harbor.

Eden Street is Route 3 and the main road to get on to the island and into Bar Harbor. The shoulder tend to narrow and the traffic moving at a decent clip. I don't think I would recommend the bikes and would also question walking.

However, there is the Island Explorer bus that runs that route on a regular schedule you may want to consider that. Here is the schedule for the route stopping at the BH Motel every 1/2 hour. Other routes will get you to other places on the island.

http://exploreacadia.com/route2.htm

7. Re: 2teens 2 nights pool suggestions? First trip to Bar Harbor.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 14:15