We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acadia Park Kayak - Brescian Missing??????

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
65 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Acadia Park Kayak - Brescian Missing??????

I am planning a one day trip up to Acadia National park and would love to go kayaking. I have called over a 2 month period to try to book a trip with this company and NO one has returned my phone calls. Has anyone else had this problem? I see that the owner has made comments on tripadvisor on May 13, 2012, but apparently is not interested in business for the summer of 2012.

This company has received really good reviews in the past - I don't know what is going on now. Please advise.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
5,530 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Acadia Park Kayak - Brescian Missing??????

It's kind of crazy here in late Spring and getting ready for the opening of the tourist season, which has just now barely begun. I'd give them another chance and try calling one more time in the middle of this coming week.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Acadia Park Kayak - Brescian Missing??????

I don't believe he actually has an office or any staff. He has a cell phone and spends his days kayaking. I haven't seen him around yet so he may not be running yet for the season.

I would recommend Aquaterra or National Park Kayak as alternatives.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
7 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Acadia Park Kayak - Brescian Missing??????

Hi this is Acadia Park Kayak Tours. We don't typically have our phone on in the off season but we are open for business and taking reservations. I actually do have an office and a part time staff during the busier parts of the season.

4. Re: Acadia Park Kayak - Brescian Missing??????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 13:40
Get answers to your questions about Bar Harbor