We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which place to stay?

New York
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Which place to stay?

Since I didnt plan ahead, I am not left with much hotels choices to stay a tBar Harbor. Is it better to find a hotel right in town such as the Bar Harbor Villager Motel or further away such as Highbrook Motel?. They both charge similiar rate. If someone has a third choice option, I am more than happy to hear it. thanks.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,038 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which place to stay?

There is an advantage to staying right in town. You'll have a guaranteed parking spot. You can walk to everything right from the Villager Motel. On the other hand, some of the rooms at the Highbrook might have an ocean view, down the hill and across the street. You'd have to ask, though.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which place to stay?

Go to www.barharborinfo.com to find other options for your stay. Since you didn't mention your dates, it's hard to offer any alternatives.

New York
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which place to stay?

That is a good link. I went through expendia, aaa, and booking and alot of the hotels were not listed. I was able to have more choices.

Bass Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
123 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which place to stay?

You might also try http://www.AcadiaChamber.com which lists accommodations on the western side of the island, centered around Southwest Harbor. It is not as well known as Bar Harbor and so doesn't fill up as fast. Southwest Harbor doesn't have nearly as many hotels and shops as Bar Harbor, but that suits many people visiting Acadia.

5. Re: Which place to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 08:17