We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walks

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cheltenham
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Walks

Hi all,

I am visiting Bar Harbor in September with my Wife. We are in the area for 3 days and wanted to do some walks - We like a scenic walk - ocean views etc - happy to be out 2-3 hours. Any suggestions on some great walks would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walks

There are 47 miles of connected carriage roads that run through Acadia National Park. All are beautiful for walking. You can purchase a carriage road guide from Sherman's Book Store or you can pick up a paper carriage road map from the visitor's center.

The three mile walk around Jordan Pond is also very lovely.

On the southern tip of the island is Bass harbor Lighthouse. There are two really nice short walks near there called the Wonderland Trail and Ship Harbor Trail. Both are about a mile long and very scenic.

Right in the village of Bar Harbor is the Shore Path along the coast and a short walk through the woods called Compass Harbor.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,860 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walks

There also is the Ocean Path, which borders the Loop Road from Sand Beach to near Otter Cliffs.

Cheltenham
Level Contributor
53 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walks

Thanks guys - I appreciate there are loads of hikes/walk that we could do but nice to get some recommendations.

4. Re: Walks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2013, 10:17