We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

morning in Acadia

Orlando
Level Contributor
31 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
morning in Acadia

We will be in Bar Harbor for a day. I have booked the Lulu Lobster Boat for 1:00. We have to be there at 12:30. Is it feasible to take a few of the trips that Island Explorer bus offers in the morning? I really want to see Acadia, even if it is just driving through part of it. I know that they start about 9am. Is this cutting things a little too close? We have the whole morning until we have to be at the dock for the Lobster boat. Any thoughts? I want to get the most out of this day!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,886 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: morning in Acadia

Most of the routes in operation now (the Loop Road and Brown Mtn. routes are done for the year) that go through the park take on the order of an hour and a quarter. You certainly could fit one in and with a little judicious planning, maybe two. For a route map and schedules, see:

http://www.exploreacadia.com/index.htm

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,358 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: morning in Acadia

The Island Explorer buses do not offer a tour of the Park -- no commentary, no bus to the top of Cadillac Mountain. But they certainly will get you into some of the scenic areas of the Park and back to the Bar Harbor Village Green in plenty of time for Lulu. I'd take the Sand Beach route. There is a bus that leaves the Village Green at 9:35 and brings you back to the Village Green by 10:43. It's only a 10 minute walk from the Village Green to the Lulu dock. If you wanted to push it a little, you could jump off the Sand Beach bus, hop on the Jordan Pond bus at 10:45 and be back at the Village Green at 12:05. The buses do very definitely run on time.

St. Stephen, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: morning in Acadia

If you have already checked the Explorer schedule, you will see that the Loop Bus #4 has not finished for the season. Take the #1 Campground out to the Visitors Center at 9am and pick up the Loop at 9:15am to go through the Park. You can then get the #5 bus at Jordan Pond and return to the Village Green.

Remember to purchase your Park Pass at the little info building at the Green. the buses are free but you need a pass to the park.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,886 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: morning in Acadia

Thanks for the correction---I misread that page on the website.

5. Re: morning in Acadia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Bar Harbor