We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beaches for shell collecting in Bar Harbor?

Detroit
Level Contributor
596 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best beaches for shell collecting in Bar Harbor?

I'll be in Bar Harbor this summer. Are there any good beaches for shell collecting?

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beaches for shell collecting in Bar Harbor?

I've found that most of the shells on the beaches here are broken fragments. You can collect small snail shells, small clam and mussel shells. Also sea glass. The only real beach area in Bar Harbor is the Sand Bar at low tide or the Town Beach down below Agamont Park (corner of Main and West Streets).

n.e.ohio
Level Contributor
19 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beaches for shell collecting in Bar Harbor?

Its not located in Bar Harbor- but Sand Beach is just a short drive and I always enjoy looking for sand dollars there. Four years running and I have always found them, all sizes- Enjoy your trip.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beaches for shell collecting in Bar Harbor?

There are also sea glass and sand dollars at the beach in Seal Harbor. Since you specifically asked, I didn't venture outside of Bar Harbor.

4. Re: Best beaches for shell collecting in Bar Harbor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 05:17