We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newbie to Bar Harbour, looking for a nice waterfront cottage

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Brunswick Canada
Level Contributor
131 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Newbie to Bar Harbour, looking for a nice waterfront cottage

Hello, was wondering if I could get some much needed feedback.

My husband and I have never been to Bar Harbour and we would like to go on July 19th weekend.

We would like to find a self contained cottage on the water... we are the type of people that would go grocery shopping and just sit back and bbq on the deck and enjoy an adult beverage and relax and read a book (we dont need a pool)as I said we have never been there before and would like to have some suggestions of where to stay.. nice cottage, on the water with BBQ Thanks for some feedback in advance:)

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
5,758 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newbie to Bar Harbour, looking for a nice waterfront cottage

You could try here:

www.edgewaterbarharbor.com/cottages.html

But it's really quite late to be getting a reservation for the weekend of July 19th. If Edgewater has no vacancy, perhaps they will be able to recommend some place else.

New Brunswick Canada
Level Contributor
131 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newbie to Bar Harbour, looking for a nice waterfront cottage

Thank you Bonnie:)

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newbie to Bar Harbour, looking for a nice waterfront cottage

Yeah, I checked Edgewater back in January or February for mid-June and they were all booked but perhaps they have an opening. We just stayed at Sunnyside-not on the water but really nice cabins, property, and location.

New Brunswick Canada
Level Contributor
131 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Newbie to Bar Harbour, looking for a nice waterfront cottage

the Edgewater looked beautiful and is right up our alley... called and they are booked:(

this was kind of a last minute decision.. oh well, maybe we can find another cottage in the area or nearby (doesn't have to be in Bar Harbour) and we can just cruise around and look at the beautiful area.

Thanks everyone for your help:)

5. Re: Newbie to Bar Harbour, looking for a nice waterfront cottage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 06:17