We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fried oysters in Bar Harbor

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Worth, FL
Level Contributor
8 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Fried oysters in Bar Harbor

Who has good fried oysters in Bar Harbor area in July/ August?

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fried oysters in Bar Harbor

I don't know of anyone. Mostly the restaurants serve fried clams or fried Maine shrimp. Hopefully someone else can help out.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fried oysters in Bar Harbor

Here's a link to a page full of Bar Harbor menus. I scrolled through the ones I thought might have fried oysters, but no luck. The closest I could find was pan seared oysters at Stewman's. Of course, I didn't look at all of them.

http://barharbormenus.com/

Williamsburg, VA
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Fried oysters in Bar Harbor

Forget the fried oysters and go to the West Street Cafe for the fried clams. Simply delicious. We tried several restaurants during our recent stay in Bar Harbor - West Street Cafe was the best.

Lake Worth, FL
Level Contributor
8 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fried oysters in Bar Harbor

Ended up eating at Seafood Ketch in Bass Harbor. We had calamari . It was delicious.

5. Re: Fried oysters in Bar Harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Bar Harbor