We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean view lobster dining, Bar Harbor, ME

Which Bar Harbor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Land O' Lakes...
4 posts
Save Topic
Ocean view lobster dining, Bar Harbor, ME

We would like to find an ocean view restaurant that serves really good, fresh lobster near Acadia Park or Bar Harbor. We will be there for two days, Sun Sept 29 and Mon. Sept. 30. Also a good whale watching cruise and sunset ocean cruise. Any suggestions? Thanks

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean view lobster dining, Bar Harbor, ME

The Bar Harbor Inn Reading Room is an elegant restaurant on the water serving lobster. In the medium price range, Galyn's is a great restaurant down on the lower end of Main Street, not right on the water, but with views of the water from both the lower porch and second floor. On the more casual side, Stewman's Lobster Pound and the Fish House Grill on right down on the water. About 30 minutes from Bar Harbor is Thurston's Lobster Pound in Bernard or Beal's Lobster Pound in Southwest Harbor. There's also Trenton Bridge Lobster Pound right off the island, about 20 minutes from Bar Harbor.

There's only one whale watching company, The Bar Harbor Whale Watch, located at the end of West Street. They have several different boat trips. Also, consider LuLu's Lobster Boat, The Sea Princess or the Acadian Nature Cruise for a sunset cruise.

2. Re: Ocean view lobster dining, Bar Harbor, ME

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2014, 05:17