We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant news

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,888 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant news

Two popular restaurants will not re-open this year: Eden and Town Hill Bistro. In both cases the owners have chosen another direction to go.

Mache Bistro is pulling up stakes at their Cottage Street location and moving to 321 Main, the former site of Eden.

Wolcott, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor
Level Contributor
946 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant news

Oh no! We love Town Hill Bistro. We never miss going there and we recommend it to all our friends who visit. Very disappointing.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,481 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant news

Don't give up yet on Town Hill Bistro. They definitely won't be in the same location. But they have plans for something somewhere nearby.

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
20,474 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant news

I loved the cozy feel of Mache on Cottage. It was truly like a bistro should be. I hope their new space will be equally cozy and inviting.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Destination Expert
for Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park
Level Contributor
3,888 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant news

So did we, as we followed the space from LIttle Luigi's through three generations of owner/chefs with Mache. The space at the former Eden is larger than the former Mache but still, I think, conducive to being intimate. Can't wait to see.

5. Re: Restaurant news

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2015, 05:18