We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar Harbor Inn Packages

Staunton, Virginia
Level Contributor
18 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Bar Harbor Inn Packages

We are travelling in June with 3 children (5 in our family). Looking for a place in BH that will accommodate us. Bar Harbor Inn offers several "packages" that include breakfast, dinner at the Reading Room, a Lobster Bake at Terrace Restaurant, and two hour tour of Acadia or Harbor cruise. I am wondering if anyone has experience with this package? thanks!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar Harbor Inn Packages

My husband and I choose the fall package and we were very pleased. The cruise was great as they have a local artist play music as you watch the sunset from the ship. The room was very clean and the housekeepers were very pleasant and accommodating. The food was good however I think the service is what made it great. We also found a favorite lunch spot across the street, Galyns. They had daily specials that were priced right and tasty. We choose the last day of our trip to do the Lobster Bake. It decided to rain on us and the staff moved us right in to the restaurant with a view. It was for us a perfect place to stay for our first visit to Bar Harbor. Though we do not have children, there were several families there and they looked like they enjoyed it just as much. We would recommend it.

Staunton, Virginia
Level Contributor
18 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar Harbor Inn Packages

Thank you so much. That helps a lot!

MA
Level Contributor
164 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar Harbor Inn Packages

I have booked their packages a couple of times. Both times, we were very pleased. I think the value for the money spent is very good. The first time we stayed in the main building which was very nice. The next time we stayed in one of their other buildings. These are motel like but still fine accommodations. There was a balcony with a small piece of ocean view. The room is basic and clean. The best part of this hotel is the location; on the water and you can walk everywhere. The diner in the restaurant was very nice and the lobster bake was fun and very good. The lobster bake is outside on the patio restaurant; very pleasant. If I remember right, they cook the lobster and clams right there on the patio. With the credit for the shop, I purchased a pretty picture that hangs on my wall today.

Enjoy you trip.

Staunton, Virginia
Level Contributor
18 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar Harbor Inn Packages

Thank you for the reply

5. Re: Bar Harbor Inn Packages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 06:16