We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edgewater Motel and Cottages

Titusville, Florida
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Edgewater Motel and Cottages

We are looking for a place to stay in Bar Harbor that has a kitchen where we could cook some simple meals. I've read the reviews for the Edgewater Cottages and they seem to be favorable. I realize that this is not right in the downtown Bar Harbor area. So if we want to go to the downtown area, will we have any problems with parking? We are planning to go in October 2015, probably the 1st-2nd week. Approximately how long will it take us to drive to the downtown area.

Any other suggestions for places to stay that would have a kitchen and are fairly nice? Is a cottage at Edgewater a good choice?

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,587 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edgewater Motel and Cottages

The Edgewater would be a nice place to stay. It is off the main road and in a quiet area. It's about a ten minute drive into the village of Bar Harbor from there. Parking shouldn't be a problem in early October. Parking along the streets and in several lots is free.

There are many other small cottage cluster places in the area that have kitchens. For example this place: http://www.barharborcottages.com/ is right across the street from Edgewater.

You can take a look around this web site for great photography and ideas about what to do, where to eat, and other alternative places to stay: www.acadiamagic.com

Titusville, Florida
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edgewater Motel and Cottages

Thank you for your reply and the websites. I think I like the location of the Edgewater better, since it is right on the water. About how far is the entrance to Acadia National Park?

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,587 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Edgewater Motel and Cottages

There are several entrances to Acadia National Park. The nearest one to Edgewater is also the main entrance, where the Visitor's Center is located. It is about 8 minutes from Edgewater, before the village center of Bar Harbor. The entire island of Mount Desert, where the major portion of Acadia National Park is located, is really quite small -- about ten miles by ten miles. Nothing is very far from anything else. Quite convenient.

New England
Destination Expert
for Ogunquit
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Edgewater Motel and Cottages

I just returned home today after spending a week at Edgewater Cottages. I will be submitting a more detailed review but I can tell you, based on our experience, that you will NOT be disappointed. We found this to be the most relaxing spot , very comfortable, very clean cottages. Wonderful hosts. We were able to kayak right from the shore on the property. We saw seals, porpoises, bald eagles (adults and fledglings) .Acadia was just a short ride away. Bring bikes to experience the carriage roads! I saw several different cottage complexes and none can compare as far as location, peacefulness and the water just steps away. Next time we will stay more than a week.

Enjoy-the colors should be great in October!

Edited: 13 July 2014, 01:14
Titusville, Florida
Level Contributor
67 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Edgewater Motel and Cottages

That sounds great! I can't wait to hear your detailed review. It sounds exactly like what we were looking for.

Truro, Canada
Level Contributor
234 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Edgewater Motel and Cottages

I stayed in a motel unit at Edgewater Motel and Cottages last year. The motel rooms are spacious and have a great view of the bay. If you find that the cottages are all booked, the motel does have a couple of units with a kitchen.

7. Re: Edgewater Motel and Cottages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Bar Harbor