We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Group of 20-something's - What would you recommend?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Group of 20-something's - What would you recommend?

Hello fellow travelers! I will be heading north to Bar Harbor for a friends wedding this weekend. A group of friends and I (all in our mid to late 20's) decided to rent a house and stay for a few extra days and make a vacation out of it. Was looking for any suggestions of things that we might enjoy besides the hiking/biking/watching the sunset. I've been reading a lot about things geared more towards families, so any suggestions for us would be great.

Would also appreciate any bar/restaurant suggestions (yes, Jordan's Pond house is already on the short list).

Thank you for your help!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,811 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Group of 20-something's - What would you recommend?

I think you might have trouble renting a house for just a weekend. Most summer rentals are by the week. There is rock climbing, paddle board lessons, and night life in Bar Harbor for the more adventuresome ages. Side Street Cafe is always rocking at night. Also the Dog and Pony. A number of places in town now have outdoor cafes including Blaze and The Beer Garden.

Mentioned in this post
Bar Harbor
Bar Harbor
Mount Desert Island, ME
hudson valley
Level Contributor
3,038 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Group of 20-something's - What would you recommend?

Most things that work for families are also good for young single people and childless couples. You could look into kayaking, or take a boat tour (the park offers a few). Go check out the part of the park that's on Schoodic Head.

For bike rides, assuming everyone's in decent shape and experienced, you could check out the ride that's known as "Around the Mountain" or "Seven Sisters". It's got a fair amount of climbing, but it offers some fantastic views. The Seven Sisters name is because the loop crosses 7 of the park's stone bridges.

3. Re: Group of 20-something's - What would you recommend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 22:15