We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels Union Square

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Joq
Portugal
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels Union Square

Need suggestions to fashionable and good location hotel, nof far from Union Square. Price is not the most important. I was thinking about 4 Seasons. What are your best shots?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels Union Square

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60713-i30-k104802…

There is the link to your other post regarding a fashionable and centrally located hotel.

Portola Valley...
Level Contributor
163 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels Union Square

Four Seasons would be fine.

You might want to consider one of the old San Francisco hotels with less of a chain feel, e.g. the Huntington on Nob Hill - its near the Cable Car crossing to Union Square, Fisherman's Wharfe or to the Embarcadero.

The Renaissance Parc 55 near Union Square might be another option.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels Union Square

I wouldn't consider the Parc 55 fashionable and if you're looking for the luxury of the Four Seasons, you would probably be disappointed at the Parc 55. Don't get me wrong, the Parc is a nice hotel, but it is in no way Four Seasons calibur.

Just so people are aware, it's now just the Parc 55. It's not longer part of the Marriott hotel group. I think it has been a fairly recent change.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels Union Square

Saks said «I wouldn't consider the Parc 55 fashionable»

You seem to understand Joq's question. Will you please explain how a hotel can be "fashionable"?

«it's now just the Parc 55.»

That's the name with which it opened and the one seen on the building;I never knew it was anything else.

London, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels Union Square

I stayed at the Parc 55 around 10 years ago. Was nice but in no way "wow" and definitely not fashionable. Quite old fashioned in fact. Have no idea how much it has changed since. I stayed at The Diva last year which is just a block or so from Union Square. It's a cool hotel and I would regard this as "fashionable" as opposed to Four Seasons. Although FS is an amazing hotel.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,835 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels Union Square

Gosh, the Diva compared to the 4 Seasons? Yikes.

Look at the JW Marriott on Mason and Post. Soaring lobby, two fireplaces, glass elevators. Rooms have marble bathrooms to die for, with tiny TV's and soaking tubs. Rooms are large with a large desk, internet connections, two telephones. Valet service. There are two levels of room as in "standard" and "deluxe", or something like that. The only difference I have noticed is in the size of the room, but both are good size.

nj
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels Union Square

The Westin St. Francis is definitely a classy place to stay in the Union Square area.

The Mariott on Post and Mason is also very nice and has an indoor pool. The Mariott hosts many conferences and often the lobby is quite busy with conference attendees.

nj
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels Union Square

The Westin St. Francis is a very classy hotel in the center of Union Square. The Marriott on Post and Mason is also nice - but is often busy with conferences. Marriott has an indoor pool if that is a consideratiion.

nj
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels Union Square

The Westin St. Francis is a very classy hotel in the center of Union Square. The Marriott on Post and Mason is also nice - but is often busy with conferences. Marriott has an indoor pool if that is a consideratiion.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
31,835 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels Union Square

There is some Marriott confusion here. The JW Marriott on Post and Mason does not have a pool. That is the San Francisco Marriott on Mission and Third. It is the SF Marriott which is the convention hotel, not the JW Marriott. The JW was the Pan Pacific until recently. You don't find the lobby full of conventioneers.