We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels near North Beach

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
san diego
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
hotels near North Beach

We are looking for a good hotel (safe, clean, decent) for around $100 a night near North Beach. We are not that familiar with the area and are not sure what streets, areas to avoid. Any suggestions?

Erie, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels near North Beach

there aren't a lot of hotels around there, but you can try the San Remo-clean decent-shared bathrooms-has character. there's one right near broadway and columbus but I can't remember the name-BetterthanBings, help? there is also the Hilton on Kearny, which is very close, but not $100 a night, unless you get it on priceline and you have no guarantee you'll get that property.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels near North Beach

Check out the Hotel Boheme. It is actually right in the heart of North Beach and it has gotten high recommendations on this site. It seems to be more of a budget property. It can't hurt to check it out.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels near North Beach

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60713-d112338-…

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels near North Beach

Indeed, it is Hotel Boheme that drummerliz was thinking of, in addition to the San Remo. In Chinatown next door is the SW Hotel (the old Sam Wong Hotel) and the Broadway Pacific Motor Lodge.

california
Level Contributor
164 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels near North Beach

I love North Beach - but don't like to spend more than $100 per nite and I need a safe place to stay. I've had good luck staying in the old hotels in the union square area and taking public transit to north beach. It's easy and cheap to do. Just now I did a price check using hotels.com and found The Dakota on Post St. for $65, Park Hotel on 325 Sutter for $69, Layne Hotel on Jones for $70. I've stayed in the same type of hotels (that I found the same way) about 5-6 times over the last 5-6 years and have never had a bad experience.

6. Re: hotels near North Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 06:23