We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel location?

Metuchen, New Jersey
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotel location?

Tagging along on my husbands business trip at the end of the week. His meeting is in south San Francisco with a dinner the night before in Burlingame. The hotel recommended to him is in Burlingame but we would like to be closer to San Francisco to sight see. Any recommendations of hotels that wouldn't make the trip to Burlingame / south SF too long for him but would put us more conveniently located to see the city? I think he can stay in Marriotts, hiltons, westins... thank you!

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Burlingame
Burlingame
California
Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour
2,325 Reviews
from US$105.00*
Free Cancellation
Muir Woods, Giant Redwoods, and...
2,583 Reviews
from US$68.00*
Free Cancellation
San Francisco Super Saver: Muir Woods...
1,733 Reviews
from US$121.00*
Free Cancellation
3 replies to this topic
San Mateo...
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel location?

It sounds like you're here for a short stay so stay in SF. Assuming you don't have a car:

For Burlingame, take Caltrain (or BART to Millbrae and xfer to Caltrain or Uber from there)

For SSF, you can take BART and then Uber from there to your location.

Edited: 23 August 2017, 17:57
Mentioned in this post
Burlingame
Burlingame
California
Millbrae
Millbrae
California
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
29,144 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel location?

IF you want to stay in the City the Marriott Marquis is easy to access the freeway, it is where I always stayed before I moved here and other than being loyal to Marriott as a Platinum memeber it is easy to get in and out of. Is this only one day that he has to travel to Burlingame and then the evening before to SSF? Or are there multiple days he needs to get to Burlingame?

I go south almost every day and its pretty easy to get to Burlingame from the city in the morning, I took my wife to the airport this AM right next to Burlingame and it took me 40 minutes round trip.

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott...
6,664 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
Burlingame
Burlingame
California
Silicon Valley, Ca
Level Contributor
2,756 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel location?

The Marriott Marquis is next to both the Powell and Montgomery Street BART stations. He could take taxi/Lyft from the Milbrae BART station. Alternatively, if he is meeting at a Burlingame hotel, he could take BART to SFO and take the free hotel shuttle.

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
San Francisco Marriott...
6,664 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
Burlingame
Burlingame
California
Reply to: Hotel location?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted