We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Blanket Babylon question

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
28 reviews
Beach Blanket Babylon question

I understand there are some reserved seats available and others are general seating.

I am looking at a Wed performance, last week of the month this coming Jan and trying to decide which tickets to get.

Is it a small venue?

Are all seats OK?

Do I have to get there an hour early to stand in line for some decent seats for general seating?

Do these tickets go on sale through Hot-Tix day of for special pricing?

I have just dropped a pretty penny for tickets for the SFballet during our week stay. This is another evening thing we would like to do but I'd like to make a good decision on where to put our budgeted $$.

I'd appreciate any info you could add to assist in this decision

6 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,695 posts
149 reviews
1. Re: Beach Blanket Babylon question

I've been there a few years ago and yes the seats are ok. well, when we went we had dinner close by and yes there was a small line to get seats in the general area. I don't think it will be that packed in jan but I'm not an expert on BBB

San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
21,206 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: Beach Blanket Babylon question

It is a small venue, and seating in Front and Rear Cabaret are wooden chairs at small cocktail tables. The doors open an hour in advance and you choose your seats within your ticketed section. The later you arrive, the less choice you'll have if others have arrived before you. However, next time I would sit in the back row of the Front Cabaret (you 'might' be able to push the chairs back a little bit to get some legroom). In that case, I don't think you'd have to get there super-early, as most people are going to be heading to the front of the section.

Maybe eat in the area, and send someone over to check out the line to give you a heads-up.

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
24,098 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Beach Blanket Babylon question

There is a discount on Travelzoo.

https:/…

I have sat at the the rear cabaret (cocktail tables and chairs) as well as reserved theatre style seats upstairs at the Center Balcony. Prefer to be on the floor. We did not get there until about 45 mins for downstairs and it was fine. It is a very small theater.

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,100 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: Beach Blanket Babylon question

Thank you all for the info- I have gotten our tix with the discount :) Looking forward to the show!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
305 posts
1 review
5. Re: Beach Blanket Babylon question

There are two levels - the ground floor is small tables.

The upper level is bleacher style.

If you are going with a group and want to sit together, you should get there 45-60 minutes early so you can sit together. Otherwise you may have to split up.

All the seats are good. I like the upper level, you can see everything without looking over other peoples heads.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,964 posts
32 reviews
6. Re: Beach Blanket Babylon question

It's pretty good from anywhere but we prefer upstairs where you can reserve the seats and don't have to arrive super early.

Enjoy the show.

Reply to: Beach Blanket Babylon question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted