We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcatraz night tour is sold out. other options to buy?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Alcatraz night tour is sold out. other options to buy?

hi, I just looked at the official website and the night tour is booked. I am really set on going at night.. are there any other vendors that I can purchase tickets from or should I just pick another time (day tours are still available). Thanks!

10 replies to this topic
San Francisco, Ca
Level Contributor
20,869 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcatraz night tour is sold out. other options to buy?

As far as I know nobody resells the night tour, but check the Alcatraz FAQ: https:/…Info.On.Alcatraz.html

If not, buy a day ticket before THEY sell out!

(And just to make sure they're really sold out, what date are you trying for? None of the Alcatraz tickets go on sale until 90 days prior. And the night tour isn't offered every night, in any case.)

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
9,337 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcatraz night tour is sold out. other options to buy?

Just to be sure are you looking on the "right day?"

My memory/understanding is that the night tour is only given on certain days and if you try to book it when it isn't offered, it shows as sold out/not available (rather then saying there is no tour that night). Exactly what night(s) are you trying to book?

Beyond that I don't know what to tell you. There are companies that bundle Alcatraz with other things (it's the only legit way 3rd parties can sell Alcatraz tickets), but I don't ever remember seeing/hearing about these bundles including the night tour.

I guess the only idea I have is that you should keep checking the official website, we do hear about people getting tours even after they are sold out as other cancel & their tickets then become available.

Good luck,

hlo

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
637 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcatraz night tour is sold out. other options to buy?

Regarding those limited weekdays mentioned above: there are no night tours on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

https://www.alcatrazcruises.com/

Edited: 23 January 2018, 18:43
Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
11,175 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcatraz night tour is sold out. other options to buy?

Can't you take the boat over during the day and hide out until night? Like when you go into a movie theater, and when the movie you bought a ticket for finishes, you sneak into another movie?

I've always wondered whether the park rangers clear the island before the night tours started coming in.

If you're really desperate to visit at night, I found this, but it may be overkill and an over-expensive option. I personally wouldn't do it. -

https:/…a120B00000ObBxoQAF

Level Contributor
2,942 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Alcatraz night tour is sold out. other options to buy?

They are supposed to clear the island. How easy it might be to "hide out" I don't know but I certainly wouldn't recommend it as it's probably a federal offense if one gets caught.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
11,175 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alcatraz night tour is sold out. other options to buy?

On Alcatraz it's all about breaking the law.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
6,602 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alcatraz night tour is sold out. other options to buy?

I would guess that while embarking and disembarking, someone is counting the number of people.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
22,018 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alcatraz night tour is sold out. other options to buy?

Thanks, Simba, for the day's chuckle.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alcatraz night tour is sold out. other options to buy?

lol, im not that crazy :) I just thought it was cool. Def don't want to be there at night, creepy! It did sell out, I had seen it and then I waited too long, its for mid Feb you would think there would be time. I ended up booking the 1:30 tour.

Edited: 24 January 2018, 22:59
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,937 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alcatraz night tour is sold out. other options to buy?

>>> its for mid Feb you would think there would be time. <<<

No. Popular times/days regularly sell out a couple of months in advance. If it was the summer, you possibly wouldn't be able to buy any times, day or night, this close to your trip...

Reply to: Alcatraz night tour is sold out. other options to buy?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted