We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive: Portland to San Francisco

england
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Drive: Portland to San Francisco

We are driving down the west coast from Portland to San Francisco In early October. We have five days (4 nights) for the trip, any advice on the best sights and where to stay would be very appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
5 replies to this topic
Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
9,226 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive: Portland to San Francisco

Given the nature of your question I think the Road Trips forum is probably a better place to post:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Tri…

or perhaps the state level forums for Oregon and/or California.

I just don't see anything in this question that involves San Francisco (other than being the destination of the drive).

hlo

Mentioned in this post
Oregon
Oregon
United States
California
California
United States
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive: Portland to San Francisco

This is the San Francisco forum. Suggest you post in the CA or OR forums and/or the Road Trip forum -- which is not easy to find so a direct link here --->> https:/…ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Trips.html

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
68,719 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drive: Portland to San Francisco

Hi, and welcome to TripAdvisor forums.

This page is about the lovely city of San Francisco. For your multi-state drive, I suggest either using the Road Trips forum or the Oregon state & California state forums. You might also glean useful information from the Oregon Coast forum.

You get to decide what is 'best.' Some folks might sample craft brews while others play with toddlers on a chilly beach or lounge at a romantic B&B. Your trip, your travel group, your travel style.

Road Trips: www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567

Early October can be busy in San Francisco as the weather is lovely and conventions are popular. Use the relevant topics in the Top Questions on the right side of this page to help you plan. (full TA website, not the app)

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Oregon
Oregon
United States
California
California
United States
Dublin, California
Level Contributor
23,094 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drive: Portland to San Francisco

If the five days are just for the drive, I recommend that you go down the coast.

england
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drive: Portland to San Francisco

I’m grateful for all the replies. I have posted my question on the forums suggested.

Reply to: Drive: Portland to San Francisco
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted