We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fisherman's Wharf vs. Union Square

Simsonville SC
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Fisherman's Wharf vs. Union Square

We are coming to San Francisco in June. I am looking at hotels in the two areas. Which area is best for a teenager? The travelers are myself, my spouse and our 16 year old daughter. Which area has the most to do? Are they both convenient to public transportation? Any hotels to recommend? Thanks

East Coast of...
Level Contributor
587 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fisherman's Wharf vs. Union Square

Heck, even I can help you with this one, but you still must poke around this site a little more to find out what's best for you.

Here's a little something from the San Francisco Overview pages:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60713-c2838/San-Fran…

And a recent thread about the very same topic:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60713-i30-k114678…

Simsonville SC
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fisherman's Wharf vs. Union Square

Thanks for the information. Seems like this has gone around before. Didn't know. sorry. We're flying into Portland and driving down to SF. There is a drop off for the rental car at Union Square or Fisherman's Wharf depending on which company I choose. That is why I narrowed my area search to those two places. Now I've decided on Union Square with a visit to Fisherman's Wharf as well as other locations I've researched. Thanks a bunch

SC Traveler2

Mentioned in this post
Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,978 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fisherman's Wharf vs. Union Square

Does your daughter like shopping ?<grin>. Union Square is the place for her. And then walk down Powell Street to Market for Bloomingdale's etc. Have a good trip.

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fisherman's Wharf vs. Union Square

Hi SCTraveller2,

I would reccommend Union Square area, We are just back from staying 5 nights in the Chancellor hotel(which I would reccommend!).

The area is very central to all parts of town and I didnt think that it was a s noisy or as tourist like as the wharf areas.

For transportation Union sq has access to both the tram and bart lines.

5. Re: Fisherman's Wharf vs. Union Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 02:16