We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cabs

Level Contributor
225 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
cabs

I hear conflicting reports about cab service in San Francisco. I will be in SF for three days in May. Coming in on Amtrak. Will be droped off at ferry blud. I will need a cab to Radisson{beach street- fishermans whraf]Train may be late LOL. This will be at least 6:00 pm or better. I need upto date information about cab service. What I hear is that you call a number of cos, and hope one shows up. Help. Other couple has a very hard time walking a distance. Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
San Francisco
Level Contributor
37 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cabs

You shuold be able to simply hail one on the street it's not as wacky as you may be hearing but certainly not as professional or numerous as say in NYC. You could also just hop on an F line street car that takes you directly to Fisherman's Wharf -- Fare is $1.25 -- in fact I would probably do that vs. a cab but either way you should have no worries cuz youre in San Francisco and ain't no better place on earth!

Mentioned in this post
Fisherman's Wharf
Fisherman's Wharf
15,747 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
San Mateo...
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cabs

Stan is right.....

Unless you have a lot of luggage, you'd be better off taking the F-line street car (you can't miss it, it stops right in front of the ferry building) and you'd save about $6 or $7.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
518 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cabs

If you choose to take a cab, you may want to walk a block up to the Hyatt since there are plenty of cabs lined up in front. Although the F line will get you to the hotel quite quickly, I've noticed that the trolleys have been quite crowded lately.