We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marin county fair

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
264 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
marin county fair

Has anyone been to this for 4th of July? Is it worth it or is it cheesy? We will be driving back to the city from Sonoma via Marin and thought it would be a fun place to stop and eat carinal food, go on some rides and watch fireworks. Otherwise just head back to SF and maybe go to the Marina to watch fireworks.

Marin, Ca
Level Contributor
35 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: marin county fair

If you like fairs, it should be fun. I have been to the fair several times and enjoy it and I am not really in to fairs. However, I have friends that go every year and love it.

In fact, I have some friends (the wife’s B’day is the 4th) that live in the City they went last year and had a marvelous time. If they left early they were going to come over since we were having a little get-together, they never made it. This year they are going again and have invited some friends, to help celebrate her birthday, so it looks like I will be there this year too.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: marin county fair

I think by definition fairs are cheesy, but that's also why they're so much fun. I used to go when I was in high school (grew up in Marin) and always had a good time.

Near San Francisco
Level Contributor
60 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: marin county fair

Of course it is cheesy but also wonderful. great bang for your buck. all the usual stuff, rides, greasy food, bands and also interesting food as fundraisers for different local groups, chickens, sheep dog trials, sheep shearing, pig racing, booths for kids to do crafts or hulahooping. a place to learn about local water resources. . . and needle crafts, pies, cakes, sculptures made out of vegetables, the bee keepers association, remote controled boating races on the lake, . . .. and sea lions doing tricks, get a seat early.

the fireworks are always well done.

I went to today and loved it.

4. Re: marin county fair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 18:19