We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renting a ford mustang convertible?

leganés - madrid
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
renting a ford mustang convertible?

just one more before I go..

can you pls recommend me a reliable car rental company renting ford mustang convertibles?

I know city-rent-a-car does but the quote I received incl. CDW was a wee bit too dear..

Any suggestions?

Would you say the trunk might be too tiny to fit two large suitcases (or at leats 1 lrg + 1medium-size suitcase?)

Cheers for that!

Karto

Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour
2,323 Reviews
US$105 per adult
Free Cancellation
Muir Woods, Giant Redwoods, and...
2,583 Reviews
US$68 per adult
Free Cancellation
San Francisco Super Saver: Muir Woods...
1,733 Reviews
US$121 per adult
Free Cancellation
leganés - madrid
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: renting a ford mustang convertible?

PLEASE NOTE - - We are renting the car after our 5-day stay in SF so pls do not take having a car into consideration when you recommend one of the 3 hotels in my previous email. Just wanted to make it clear.. Thanks. Karto.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: renting a ford mustang convertible?

Hi

Renting a convertible is expensive. Hertz has Fords and is a reliable company. Only 2 small suitcases will fit in the trunk.

Tet

--
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: renting a ford mustang convertible?

Of the "majors", both Hertz <www.hertz.com> and Budget <www.budget.com> rent the gelded V6 flavor of Mustang convertible. Unfortunately, it looks like both companies only routinely stock them at their San Francisco International Airport (SFO) locations which have much bigger vehicle pools than their in-City locations. Adding to the hassle of going out to the airport to pick up a Mustang is that neither company classifies the vehicle as being an "exotic" which you can explicitly reserve; instead you're getting a "Ford Mustang or similar convertible", which at least in the case of Hertz may translate to a Chrysler Sebring. Finally you should note that renting a car from any operator's SFO location will add an airport facilities fee on the order of $15 to your bill; this is quite common for US airports with SFO's fee being relatively reasonable compared to some locations.

A Mustang convertible has extremely limited trunk space and I doubt you'll fit two suitcases of anything but the smallest flavor into it.

Lots of other considerations, pro and con for renting a convertible while on vacation here <http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60713-i30-k977714-Convertible_or_not-San_Francisco_California.html>.

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco International Hostel
San Francisco...
432 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
leganés - madrid
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: renting a ford mustang convertible?

thank you so much for your comments to both of you

jorge

ontario
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: renting a ford mustang convertible?

we are renting a convertible (two seater) next week to tour napa I found information on the SFO website indicating that there is a luggage storage area at the Travel Agency on site at the airport. I haven't called to confirm the details yet but hope this helps!!!

Mentioned in this post
--
Level Contributor
3,722 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: renting a ford mustang convertible?

momxthree writes>>.... found information on the SFO website indicating that there is a luggage storage area at the Travel Agency on site at the airport.....<<

Just checked a few days ago.....

International Terminal before the security checkpoint, open daily from 7 AM-11 PM. Fees are charged according to bag size, "standard" size suitcases run $10-12 per 24 hours of storage. More information at (650) 877-0422 during operating hours.

Mentioned in this post
leganés - madrid
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: renting a ford mustang convertible?

Cheers for the info lads, but the thing is all our stuff we'll be in our suitcases so needless to say we cant leave them at the airport luggage place. I was simply concerned about the size of the truck as it's just a fact that two large suitcases wouldn't fit there.

I know this is a bit stupid and maybe risky but we'll have to put one of the suitcases on the rear seats if we want to rent a mustang.

And yes I want to rent a mustang, because who knows if I'll ever have the chance to drive one of these cars.. not here in Europe at least.

Gracias a todos!!

Karto

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,561 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: renting a ford mustang convertible?

Yes, budget and hertz will have the mustangs. Also be a little careful renting a car in the city, they don't have a lot of capacity and they often run out, make sure to pick it up several hours before your anticipated departure time. Also, last time I was there with dollar the people in the dollar club (they all have them for free) were given priority over everyone else, so might consider joining.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: renting a ford mustang convertible?

Don't know what time of year you are coming but I doubt if a convertible is the best choise for driving through deserts like Death Valley. Maybe drive the convertible from SF to LA and pickup another car for your DV-Yosemite itinerary. If you decide to rent it (a convertible) anyway don't leave food in the car when bears are around like in Yosemite.

Tet

Mentioned in this post
10. Re: renting a ford mustang convertible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 18:16