We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far to bike to Gate 6 Road (houseboats) in Sausalito

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sandy, utah
Level Contributor
1,085 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
How far to bike to Gate 6 Road (houseboats) in Sausalito

We'll be biking across the S.F. Bridge to Sausalito this Saturday afternoon. I'm interested in checking out the 400+ houseboats at Gate 6 Road. I was mailed a Sausalito map but it doesn't show any distance markers. Has anyone biked out to the houseboat community from the downtown area? About how many miles/minutes by bike? Our time is limited so I want to make sure we have enough time to go there and back before catching the 6:20 pm ferry. Thanks for the help.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far to bike to Gate 6 Road (houseboats) in Sausalito

It isn't very far, normally, maybe 15 minutes past the ferry dock, however this weekend there is the Sausalito Art Festival that is located pretty close to Gate 6, so congestion could be a big factor. I'm not sure that these houseboats are really much to see, since you can't really explore them up close. There are no visitor facilities.

2. Re: How far to bike to Gate 6 Road (houseboats) in Sausalito

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 22:15