We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying under and over the Golden Gate Bridge

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Herefordshire
Level Contributor
133 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Flying under and over the Golden Gate Bridge

~Can any one advise me of a good helicopter trip that flies over and under the golden gate bridge. I am looking for a trip for this December... Thanks

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying under and over the Golden Gate Bridge

This is the only one that I know of. But no one will fly you UNDER the bridge:

http://www.sfhelicoptertours.com/

Pittsburgh, PA
Destination Expert
for Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying under and over the Golden Gate Bridge

As we walked across the Golden Gate Bridge in July my daughter and I saw a helicopter fly under the bridge. I was shocked to see it, but figured maybe the tours had permission to do it. But maybe it was just a pilot having some fun.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying under and over the Golden Gate Bridge

I stand corrected. It's hard to believe that flying under is allowed, but this company advertises just such a thing. After 9/11, they wouldn't let aircraft near the bridge, let alone under it. Military planes, like the Blue Angels, seemed to take be exempt. It does seem rather dangerous. Mea Culpa! From this site:

Weather permitting (clear days only), you have the unique opportunity to fly under the Golden Gate Bridge

viator.com/tours/…d651-3538VISTAGRANDE

Have a good time!

Guernsey, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying under and over the Golden Gate Bridge

We flew under the bridge when we went in September 2002. It was fantastic.

I was surprised that they allowed it too but were very happy. We booked at a booth just outside pier 39 and within an hour we were on our way.

Wish I could remember the name of the helicopter company as I would like to use them again.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
376 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying under and over the Golden Gate Bridge

wow crazy... I also thought nothing could fly under the bridge. anyway, I've been on a boat under it and that was cool, so I'd definitely go for the helicopter ride that goes under it also!

6. Re: Flying under and over the Golden Gate Bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 17:19