We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bargain hotels in San Fran

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
201 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
bargain hotels in San Fran

hi,

my husband and i would like to stay in San Fran for 3 nights then drive over to LA. We are going there in the middle of January. Can someone please recommend some hidden gem hotels that are nice, clean and modern price? I know it is really hard, but any ideas would be great. thank you so much for any input.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,440 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bargain hotels in San Fran

these hotels listed here http://www.personalityhotels.com/ are clean, modern, but often the cheaper the hotel, the <thinner> the walls... if you can sleep with earplugs, you'll more likely to sleep restfully... it's just that the hotels owned by this company tend to be in the Union Square area and I know some people who like them and don't complain of noise, but others have complained that they can hear dumpster pick-ups from inside their rooms. The Metropolis hotel has double-paned windows, so I've seen the inside, which is quite nice and comfortable, if you don't mind the location as it is more Union Square West than some can deal with... on the edge of some transient neighborhoods. If you stay there, it's always best to go to the left when you exit the hotel's entrance.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Metropolis
Hotel Metropolis
807 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
Union Square
Union Square
1,842 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
San Mateo...
Level Contributor
92 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bargain hotels in San Fran

Check out the Cartwright Hotel; great location off Union Square, old building but has been somewhat updated, good prices. Check their own website. Good luck..

Mentioned in this post
Union Square
Union Square
1,842 Reviews
San Francisco, CA
Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,704 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bargain hotels in San Fran

I'm not sure what price you want to pay but you might have a look at the Chancellor.

Excellent TA reviews____excellent location___excellent staff and excellent value if it fits your budget.

chancellorhotel.com

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
6,111 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bargain hotels in San Fran

Well, you're starting off with a bargain by traveling to SF in mid-January, arguably the lowest point in the season. So, you get more for your money already.

5. Re: bargain hotels in San Fran

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 13:16