We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap hotel - central San Francisco

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
1 post
Save Topic
Cheap hotel - central San Francisco

Hi all,

I've booked my USA/Canada trip for March 08 and I'm SO excited! I'm spending a week in Denver with a friend, a week in Whistler with a friend, then 4 days San Fran, 4 days Vegas - yay!!

I've found vegas accomodation really easy to come across, but SF not so much!

Can anyone recommend a good hotel with the following....

- around $100 a night

- not fussed on quality, but just as long as there are no bed bugs, a clean enough bathroom and a pleasant enough place to flop on a bed and rest my feet after a long day of shopping (cable tv a must!)

- close to Union Square. I stayed there a few years ago so it's the only place in SF I'm really familiar with (plus it's cool!). I'm a big fan of walking, so I don't mind being a few blocks from Union Sq/Market St, but not really keen on being miles away.

- Alternatively, if someone can recommend an area that is cheaper, but still has it's own interesting array of cafes and shops, and is still in walking distance to Market st and close to transport, then i'm happy with that too - just don't want to be too far away from the action!

Cheers!

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap hotel - central San Francisco

As we always say, priceline 4* is your best bet. You will do better than anything you could possibly obtain through traditional reservation channels.

Try priceline bidding and then report back if you don't have any success. You aren't going to find anything decent under $100 in Union Square any other way.

Littlehampton...
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap hotel - central San Francisco

We stayed at the Wharf Inn at Fishermans Wharf over xmas. I know it is a little way away from Union Square but it has lots of cafes/shops and is a nice area. You can catch a cable car from there to most places I think.

It wasn't very expensive and was a nice little motel.

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap hotel - central San Francisco

Go to this website:

www.buenavistamotorinn.com - around $100 or so.

Free indoor parking and small continental breakfast.

It's a few blocks to Fisherman's Wharf.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap hotel - central San Francisco

I ultimately agree with the priceline rec. I'm not even a fan of priceline for myself but if I were on that strict a budget, it is definitely what I would do.

cumbria
Level Contributor
783 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap hotel - central San Francisco

We've just booked the Mosser hotel, looks pretty central and is around that price.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap hotel - central San Francisco

Evening VanillaInk,

We've stayed at the Handley Hotel twice before. It's right on Union Square and sounds like exactly what you are looking for. I think they've got there own website.

Hope this helps,

Alfie92.

7. Re: Cheap hotel - central San Francisco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 22:17