We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chancellor or Handlery?

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville
Level Contributor
179 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Chancellor or Handlery?

I see Chancellor recommended constantly on here so it must be a great place! Now, would you suggest Chancellor or Handlery for location, comfort, cleanliness, etc? Our first visit to SF, so we want to be near Union Square, Trolley lines, etc. Any help is always much appreciated!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chancellor or Handlery?

The only way I'd really choose the Handlery over the Chancellor is if you either really want the club room for the extra space or if you really want a pool.

Also, fwiw, the Chancellor can only accomodate 3 people in their rooms so if you have a family of 4 or more, the Handlery is probably a better choice unless you want to book 2 adjoining rooms @ the Chancellor.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,440 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chancellor or Handlery?

Actually, after the room renovation that is just completed,the Chancellor only allows two people per room maxiumum.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chancellor or Handlery?

Oh! Whoops. That is good to know.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,328 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chancellor or Handlery?

I have stayed at the Handlery a few times and it is a good location and if you want space the Club Rooms are good as Saks has pointed out but I much prefer the Chancellor.

The Chancellor certainly meets all your requirements.

Location____Right on Union Square.

Comfort___All rooms refurbished with good amenities.

Cleanliness___Spotless !

I'll be there again next month_____can't wait.

Nashville
Level Contributor
179 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chancellor or Handlery?

Thanks for your opinions! I believe it will be the Chancellor!

6. Re: Chancellor or Handlery?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 10:20