We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearby Berkeley Budget Hotel Choices

Upland, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nearby Berkeley Budget Hotel Choices

My family will be going to our cousin's graduation at UC Berkeley May 22 - May 25. Does anyone know of any accomodations that are not that expensive? San Francisco hotels are all under $200. I'm looking for $125 and under. Would priceline be a good website to go to? Thanks to the Tripadvisor community. This is my must see site before I do any traveling!!

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,325 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearby Berkeley Budget Hotel Choices

Emeryville has a cluster of hotels at the foot of the Bay Bridge that are easy to get to and from with a car, particularly to Berkeley. They even have a free BART shuttle if you want to go that route. A number of them, including a Courtyard by Marriott, show up on priceline, so I would go that route. Be sure to list 3.5 stars.

Texas
Level Contributor
816 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearby Berkeley Budget Hotel Choices

Try triprewards.com; you'll come up with Travelodge, Days Inn and other budget hotels. You can enter your city and dates, and a list of hotels will come up with addresses and phone numnbers. You could check with them to see if they meet your needs, when last renovated, any other questions. Graduation weekend is very busy, so it would be good to get reservations asap.

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
6,325 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearby Berkeley Budget Hotel Choices

Jane2- none of those chains have locations near Berkeley, at least none that I could recommend. There are some very sleezy bargain motels along MacArthur Blvd. and San Pablo Aves. in the area, but they are often used for those purposes that cheap, poorly maintained motels are used for, so I couldn't recommend them.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,358 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearby Berkeley Budget Hotel Choices

macjack,

My AAA Tour Guide has the Best Value Golden Bear Inn at her price. I usually trust them. Can you comment on the location? It is on San Pablo Avenue, which makes me a little nervous, but the directions say "I-80, exit Gilman E, 2 mi s., 1620 San Pablo Avenue. They give it two diamonds.

Comment?

5. Re: Nearby Berkeley Budget Hotel Choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 05:25