We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A big thank you to Puter

new york
Level Contributor
419 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
A big thank you to Puter

Puter picked up on the fact that the JW Marriott in San Francisco doesn't have balconies, which they offered me when they made my hotel reservation. I called to confirm my reservation and asked about the balconies. They apologized for their mistake and offered me an upgrade for my inconvenience.

Puter - thanks much!!!!!

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,483 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A big thank you to Puter

All right !!

Enjoy the hotel. I love it, balconies or no.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,673 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: A big thank you to Puter

Many of our public lodgings lie about their locations. Now there's one that lies about its facility. Shame!

new york
Level Contributor
419 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A big thank you to Puter

I believe it was an honest mistake by the representative. She asked me if we were celebrating anything, and I said yes - my birthday. She then said let's check off everything we can, i.e. upgrade, high floor, balcony, etc.

So Marriott did indeed give me a birthday present!

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A big thank you to Puter

Perhaps it was an agent at the central reserv's toll-free # that made the error. They have no personal knowledge of the specific hotel. I always make a point of calling the local # since, generally speaking, reservations staff right at the hotel have a better grasp of everything, and oftentimes can provide you with better rates and/or additional amenities. At least that's been my experience.

new york
Level Contributor
419 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A big thank you to Puter

Forestvillian you're right on all counts. I called the JW Marriott direct- but apparently on-site reservations closes at 5:00 PM and it switches automatically to central reservations where they answer JW Marriott San Francisco. This is customary for all large hotel chains so everyone ask exactly what location you reached. The central reservationist knew less than I did about the hotel and offered me a balcony (but who knew). Lucky for me because now I'm getting a nice, big, pretty room -FREE! The more I think about it, and laugh, the more grateful I am to Puter.

6. Re: A big thank you to Puter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 12:19