We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Muir Woods day trip / lunch spot

Which San Francisco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mpls
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Muir Woods day trip / lunch spot

Hello. I'll be in San Francisco over the July 4th weekend. I was thinking of renting a car for one day to drive to the Muir Woods. Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice place to have lunch in that area, or somewhere along the way? I'm pretty flexible about the choices - just someplace with good food and a nice atmosphere. Thanks!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,055 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Muir Woods day trip / lunch spot

We took an organized day trip using a tour company that went to Muir Woods and Sausalito. In Sausalito my husband and I went to a place called the Spinnaker Restaurant along the marina and had the most marvelous view of San Francisco. The restaurant is built on pilings in the bay, and you are able to see boats sailing by, kayakers, seals, and sea birds all enjoying the water. The food was good, but the highlight of our lunch was the fantastic view.

The atmosphere is white tablecloth, and semi-formal. I would certainly return if we are lucky enough to be in Sausalito.

Basel, Switzerland
Level Contributor
393 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Muir Woods day trip / lunch spot

Personally, I can't imagine any kind of white-tablecloth dining experience that could come close to just packing up an excellent picnic lunch and hiking out to some lone rock sticking out into the Pacific Ocean. Talk about nice atmosphere!

Ojai, California
Level Contributor
240 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Muir Woods day trip / lunch spot

In Stinson Beach, which is on the west side of Muir Woods right on the water, I love the Parkside Cafe.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
3,787 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Muir Woods day trip / lunch spot

I would head into Saulsalito as there are a lot of options there. If you like fresh seafood (very casual), take a look at Fish.

www.331fish.com

5. Re: Muir Woods day trip / lunch spot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 09:20