We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omni???

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Omni???

we are thinking of changing our hotel from the chancellor to ther omni....

i know most of you must be rolling your eyes with all my flip-flopping but as i have said before way too many choices....and as you can tell i cant decide..

after reading some of the reviews i think that switching to the omni might be a better move for us...any thoughts and or comments...

our other choices were chancellor, westin st. francis,...

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,439 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Omni???

Hi Flip Flopper,

Apart from the cost difference the main area of concern with the Omni is the location in the Financial District.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the hotel just the location.

In my opinion you are much better staying right in Union Square and sticking with the booking you have or the Westin St Francis if you must.

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Omni???

what is wrong with the omni location?

i see that it is rated #1...

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,440 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Omni???

I'll say it again...If you are not sure about the Chancellor, don't risk it. The Chancellor is not in the same category as the Omni, St. Francis or Del Coronado. I am not sure why the 3 star Chancellor is on the list when you seem to prefer 4 star hotels.

I do agree with Oscar, though, Union Square is the place to stay.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
2,440 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Omni???

Do not be mis-lead by the rankings. The fact that the Omni is number 1 or the Chancellor is number 6 and the Ritz Carlton is number 9 has nothing to do with which hotel is better than the other. It simply means that the users of this site have scored them highly most often. Most likely, people have scored them highly because they did their research and selected the hotel that was a good match for them and they had a good experience.

The Omni is not the best hotel in San Francisco and the Chancellor is not the 6th best hotel in San Francisco. It depends on what people want and that they make a good selection.

Down Under
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
7,439 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Omni???

As I said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the hotel but the location is smack in the middle of the Financial District and at night things close up and it all tends to go quiet.

Union Square is full of good restaurants, theatres, shops and lots of people on the streets______Things to do.

Looking at the quality of hotels you are looking at I think you would be much happier at the Westin St Francis.

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Omni???

if you've stayed at an Omni, and the city you are visiting has an Omni, go for it. I'm an Omni person, Los Angeles, San Diego, Chicago, solid hotel even if parking rates are high.

new york
Level Contributor
419 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Omni???

We stayed at the Onmi SF. The location is fine, walking distance to everything. Union Square stores close at night, too. We booked at the Omni because of the reviews and the level of service we received was unbelievable.

8. Re: Omni???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 09:26